EFFECTIVE DATE: February 18th, 2020
We encourage you to read this Policy and to consult our Terms of Service to fully understand your rights.
By accessing and using our Services, you consent to the terms of this Policy and the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described below. If you do not agree with part or all of this Policy, you should immediately discontinue access or use of our Services.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes we will notify you prior to the change becoming effective by email (sent to the last updated e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our Services. However, we encourage you to regularly review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the data we describe below may not be considered personal information according to the data protection laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside because our Policy broadly addresses all types of personal information that we may handle. Therefore, you should understand that certain parts of this Policy will not apply to you depending on the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
In order to provide you with our Services, we may require certain information from you because such information is relevant to a specified purpose. Any additional information you provide to us beyond the required information is voluntary. For example, we may ask you for your name so that we can properly contact you and connect you with other people. You can choose whether to provide us with the types of information described below, but your choices may affect our ability to offer you part or all of our Services.
- Information you provide to us when accessing or using our Services. When you access or use our Services, we collect information you provide to us, including, but not limited to:
- Account information. By registering with our Services, we will collect any information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Services. For example, we may collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, age, gender, interests, or occupation. You can also share your information from a third party account with us, such as your Facebook account, for a more convenient login and profile creation.
- Your posting and activities. Our Services are designed to connect you with people and share information with others. We provide you with the option to share your posting and activities with your friends and not the public. When you share information with others, you should think carefully about the information you are making public. For example, a public picture may contain graphics or information that could lead to certain inferences. To change how you share information, you should go to your account settings.
- Contact information. At your direction, we may import your contact lists and connect you with people you know. For example, you may instruct us to find the contacts listed in the phonebook of your smart devices on the Likk Services.
- Third party information. We may receive information about you from third parties that you have authorized to share such information with us. For example, if you link your social media account with our Services, we may receive information about you from your social media account.
- Location information. When you sign up with our Services, we ask you to share your location information with us so that we can connect you with people in your area. You can choose to let us know your precise location information through GPS (as explained below), or you may choose to tell us your location manually. You should not share your location on our Services unless you want to share your location with other Likk users. While Likk does not display your precise location, it is still possible for other users to make inferences about or discover your precise location.
- Communications with us. When you communicate with us in any way, such as via e-mail or telephone, we will receive your contact information and any other information you choose to provide to us during those communications.
- Non-public communications with others. Our Services allow you to communicate with other users privately. When you use our messaging functions, such as by sending or receiving messages, we will receive your communications and any information contained therein. Please be aware that the user(s) you may be communicating with can copy and publicize the contents of your communications, which is not in our control.
- Information about your use of our Services. When you use or access our Services, we collect information about your use of our Services and we combine this information with information you give to us. Examples of the types of information we collect include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile data. Our Services include mobile applications that collect information about you and your device. The types of information we collect include your IP address, location or device information, and any other information provided by your mobile device. If you are not comfortable with providing us with your location information, you can turn off the GPS functionality on your device. Many of our Services are dependent on your location information, therefore you should expect that turning off the location function will affect the availability of our Services.
- Third-party plugins. We have integrated third-party plugins in our Services, and the use of such third-party plugins results in data collection by both Likk and the relevant third-party. For example, you may authenticate your Likk profile by using your Facebook account information.
- Our Services as a third-party plugin. Third-party websites or services may integrate the Likk Services, and we collect information about your access, use or interactions with the Likk plugins. We collect information such as the date, time, IP address, and length of interaction.
- Accessing and using our Services in any other way. When you use or access our Services, we may collect information such as search terms, interactions with other users, and any other activities on our Services.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
Likk collects your personal information for the purposes of providing you with and improving upon its Services, as well as the purposes listed below. If we identify any new purposes outside of the stated purposes listed below, we will notify you as required by applicable law.
- Providing you with our Services;
- Providing customer service and support;
- Facilitating communication with other users;
- Protecting, optimizing, and developing our Services;
- Detection, prevention, and investigation of potential or actual fraud or other harmful activity;
- Communicating with you;
- Complying with legal obligations, and resolving any disputes;
- Advertising our Services or the services and products of third parties; and,
- Enforcing our agreements with third parties.
We value your privacy and only share your personal information as follows:
- With your permission. We will disclose your personal information to a third party upon your instruction or permission. For example, when you authorize a third party to access your Likk account.
- Service providers. We may provide your personal information to organizations that perform functions or provide services on our behalf or at our instruction. We will share your personal information with our service providers subject to the terms of this Policy.
- Compliance with legal obligations. We may also store or disclose your personal information as required by law, such as: to comply with a law, regulation, subpoena, or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; to protect your safety or the safety of others; to investigate fraud; to address a security or technical issue; or, to respond to a government request. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit any legal defense or objection to a disclosure of your information.
- Business transaction. If we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your personal information to a third party involved in the transaction as permitted by applicable law.
- Business affiliates. We may share your personal information with affiliates to: provide you with our Service; improve or develop our Services; or, for delivery of promotional offers that may be of interest to you.
- Protection and safety of Likk and others. We are committed to providing a safe environment on our Services. Likk may disclose your personal information for purposes of: fraud prevention and detection; protecting the rights, property, and safety of Likk, you, or others; and, enforcing or applying our Terms of Service and other agreements.
PURPOSE OF COOKIES & SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- optimize and improve our Services;
- identify your device; distinguish you from other visitors;
- provide user authentication;
- conduct fraud and incident prevention;
- monitor and maintain your information about your use of our Services;
- record your IP address to understand your use of our Services;
- identify the name of the website from which you linked to Likk; and,
- conduct management services.
We do not use these technologies for tracking of any information about your use of other websites or services. Please note, we may use third-party service providers for our cookies and similar technologies, which means that some of the information collected will be shared with such third parties.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a computer or device when you visit our Services. Your ability to use some or all of our Services may be limited if you reject our cookies or similar tracking technologies.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies as follows:
- A “session ID” cookie expires when you end your session (i.e., close your browser). We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Services.
- A “persistent” cookie remains on your hard drive, which means that when you end your session and return to the same website later, the cookie information is still available. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords so you do not have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our Services.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to move around and use certain features on our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas of our Services. We cannot deliver some of our Services without these cookies.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use a website. For example, a performance/analytics cookie will collect information about which pages you go to most often, how much time you spend on that page, or if you get error messages from certain features of our Services. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and used to improve and optimize our Services.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember the choices you make and help us provide relevant content to you. For example, a functionality cookie can remember your preferences, such as your favorite activities or spoken language.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to provide advertisements that are more appealing to you and your interests, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. For example, a targeting/advertising cookie can remember that you have visited a website, and it may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers. This means that after you have visited to our Services, you may see some advertisements about our products and services elsewhere on the Internet.
- WEB BEACONS / GIFS
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES & SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Below we describe how you can manage first-party or third-party cookies.
- Our Cookies (or, “First-Party Cookies”). You can use the browser with which you are viewing our Services to enable, disable, or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). However, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our Services or our Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use tracking technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers. If you want to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link, you may choose to opt-out of advertising from all or some participating advertising entities.
We have implemented certain security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of data can be guaranteed as 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit, store, or otherwise request us to process. You provide your personal information to us at your own risk. Furthermore, you are also responsible for the security of your personal information and you should take precautionary measures, such as keeping your account password confidential and only using secure wireless connections.
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 16 without prior verifiable parental consent. Please notify us if you know of any children under 16 years old using our Services so we can take action to prevent access to and delete their information from our Services.
You may disable cookies through your browser settings, but Likk does not change the way it responds to a “Do-Not-Track” signal.
THIRD PARTY HYPERLINKS
If you wish to access, correct, delete or update your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to reasonable requests in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
In order for Likk to offer its Services everywhere it has operations globally we may store, use, transfer, and otherwise process your personal information in countries outside of the country of your residence, including the United States and possibly other countries. By using our Services, you consent to Likk’s transfer to and handling of your personal data in a jurisdiction which may have different data protection rules than the country in which you reside.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.